Saturday, March 20, 2010

ON A SAD NOTE

I don't normally get personal on here, but this was something I felt the need to share.
I was informed yesterday that part-time helper and friend of the store, Bill Suter, died recently.
I doubt more than a few of you ever met Bill, as he was seldom in the store during business hours. His main role for the last 3 years or so was driving out to the airport about 4:00 a.m. every Wednesday to pick up the new comics. Without his help there wouldn't have been anything on the shelves for you guys to buy when we opened.
He was also an all-round handy man and jumped in to help with pretty much every odd job that came up around here.
Bill was a big, boisterous fellow, who always had a smile on his face. The kind of guy I doubt ever had a bad thing to say about anybody.
My heartfelt condolences go out to his mom, and family and friends.
On behalf of the gang here, I'll add, we miss you already big guy.

2 comments:

Lord Decay said...

I was pretty shocked when I had heard the news when Bob had told me. Its a sad day at the store. Bill was a really good guy, a crazy guy but a good guy. Here's one for you Bill. SKLAAAARRRRR!!!!!

Danny

Rob "Habib" Buckner said...

It is a weird uneasy feeling when you find out someone you know personally is gone. I knew Bill for quite a few years as most employees of the store. He was one of those people that was loud and very charismatic. At times his personality would get the better of him and you would need to take a break from him, but he never had any bad intentions. He was a genuinely nice guy and I won't forget him.

Blog Archive