Thursday, July 19, 2007

Blog Changes

As you may have noticed I’ve changed the title of this blog and its description. The main reason is I seem to spend more time on here discussing the store and events than any real ranting. Not that that’s a bad thing, as anyone who has spent more than a few minutes in the store with me knows, I can go off on some real tirades from the slightest provocation. If I want to start being more regular on here however I need to be a little more structured and set down some kind of theme. My current plan is to try and post a monthly list of my picks from the most recent Diamond previews, sort of a hit list of things to watch for. I’ll then update this once a week with a quick list of what’s new next week, sort of an expansion of the short paragraph that tops the shipping list on the website each week. I’d like to think that these advance thoughts will be more useful than a detailed review of something that has probably already sold out by the time you read about it.
I'd also love to see your comments on here too, especially with respect to the fact that I can't give the Previews catalog the full attention it deserves. Quite often I am alerted to some very fine books by my more diligent customers who spot things I miss, either in the catalog itself or from one or another of the on-line sites devoted to comic news. Mouse Guard, Space Pinchy, MPD Psycho and a few others are recent titles I would not have had on the shelves if they had not been brought to my attention by members. Keep up the good work guys.
Tomorrow I should have some thoughts on what’s arriving July 25th.

No comments:

Blog Archive